Friday, September 24, 2004

i talked to my nigga yesterday.

he left philly for new york a few months ago, with nothing but some change in his pocket and a cellphone.

i called the number he left with me yesterday on some check up sht, just to see how the man is doing.

turns out he's on the come up.

i hope it lasts man. like, i see potential in him to be great. he just has to get over himself. we talked extensively last night. me being at this point in my life, some sort of a cross roads, where i don't know what's going to happen but i'm becoming ready to move caution aside and take advantage of this youth, my nigga dropped some knowledge on me.

it's all about taking advice these days. taking that advice for what it's worth, doing away with what i know to be excelsior, and absorbing those principals... he's had an opportunity to see much more than i have, and before, i used to discount that. i'd listen to him with half an ear, but he put some stuff to me and i've got to listen.

he told me to what levels he went down when he was homeless... how he was eating rotten bananas, living for 2 months off of candy, teeth going bad because he hadnt brushed them... getting chicks numbers but not following up because he was too embarassed-

it just had me thinking.

and he told me to hit my head on the ground when i wake up
and before i go to sleep
and live in between

that's the realest ive heard
and i feel bad because i didn't do it this morning... it's gonna be hard to make myself regimented like that, but i'm gonna go after it. i wanna bring in reading the bible too...

because i do believe in Him.
i do. i know He has infinite power... i know i'm rough around the edges, and i don't do all i am supposed to, but i know He's got room for me, and i know i belong with Him.

i got issues with a buncha things... and in the end i want to do right
but He's gotta show me because the things im drawn to
no, the things i LIVE for
if they are wrong then i gotta be SHOWN.

but dun dropped knowledge. and i can't but respect his hustle. i can't. just like justin, gotta respect. cus these niggas been there.

so i bump my head to the floor
the lowest i can go
before i take a bite of bread or wash my body or play a beat or beat my dick or ANYTHING
and i bump my head at night when ive made it back to the rest and im safe and im ready to let it all subside for the day
and in between i hustle as a service


and it can't be a question whether i am gonna do what i say i'm gonna do

there is no question

i cant be acting all dick smiley when it does start jumping off
each revelation, each come up, only an added piece to God's little puzzle called david
because it's all written

*sigh*

here we go.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home